Granny McCarley's Angel Rolls
How to Make Granny McCarley's Angel Rolls
- 1In a large mixing bowl, add salt, sugar and shortening to hot milk and let stand until lukewarm.
- 2Add yeast, egg and flour and beat well. Allow to stand 20 minutes and then knead lightly 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Cover the bowl with a damp dishcloth and let rise.
- 4Roll out on board and cut or form into shape with the lid of a Mason jar.
- 5Put rolls onto greased pan 1 inch apart and let rise 10 to 15 minutes.
- 6Cook in hot oven until brown. (about 8-10 minutes)