Super-moist carrot-pinapple muffins
They are very finely grated and blend very well into the recipe.
Also, we used a 20 oz can of pineapple, which, when well-drained was about 1 cup of crushed pineapple.
1 1/2 ccarrot, shredded
1 can(s)crushed pineapple, drained well
3 Tbspolive oil
2 tspcinnamon, ground
3/4 cagave nectar
1/2 capple juice (or skim milk)
1 1/2 cspelt flour (or whole wheat if you don't have spelt)
1 tsppumpkin pie spice (or nutmeg)
2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tspground ginger
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Super-moist carrot-pinapple muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix carrots and pineapple together well. Then add other wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Fold the spelt flour mixture into the wet mixture. Blend well.
- Using an ice cream scoop greased with cooking spray, spoon one full scoop into muffin liners in a muffin tray. This recipe makes approximately 18 medium-sized muffins. (They do not rise very much.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Muffins will be very moist. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before trying to peel off the paper liners.
- Top with butter or eat alone. Enjoy!