THE ULTIMATE GLUTEN-FREE DINNER ROLLS--BONNIE'S
- ounces brown rice flour, superfine
- ounces tapioca starch
- ounces corn starch
- ounces potato flour
- ounces protein isolate whey, unflavored
- ounces nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons salt
- tablespoon xanthan gum
- teaspoons baking powder
- cup butter diced fine, set aside
- large egg, plus one egg yolk
- teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/3
- cup warm water, 110 degrees
- tablespoons sugar
- teaspoons active dry yeast
- egg, beaten
- teaspoon water
- pinch of salt
YEAST MIXTURE INGREDIENTS
EGG WASH INGREDIENTS
How to Make THE ULTIMATE GLUTEN-FREE DINNER ROLLS--BONNIE'S
- 1TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
No substitutions, please. Bring ALL ingredients to room temperature before you begin! This includes the eggs and yeast.
Always use superfine flour to get light bread. If it isn't superfine, pulse it in the food processor.
Assemble all the ingredients before you start making the recipe, and follow the steps in the order given below.
- 5Wet Ingredients: Meanwhile, mix the egg and egg yolk, and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in the stand mixer's mixing bowl using the paddle attachment. Beat 1 minute on medium speed until well mixed. Add about a half cup of the flour mixture and then add the diced butter, yeast mixture, and then gradually add the rest of the flour.
- 9Scoop the ball into your left palm on top of the flour, and then roll the 'ball' forward on your fingers, and it will pick up a very small amount of the flour and allow you to shape it easily into a roll. Add a tiny bit more flour only if needed. After you have made one, you will see how easy it is. This technique will allow you to form rolls with a minimal amount of flour. Using too much flour will keep gluten-free yeast rolls from rising properly.