☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 c
- cold lard or vegetable shortening, cut into bits, plus more for skillet
- 1 c
How to Make Stovetop Biscuits
- 1Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- 2Add lard and mix in with fingers until mixture is mealy.
- 3Add milk and mix until smooth dough forms.
- 4Divide dough in half and work each half into 6 balls. Flatten balls to about 1/4 thick.
- 5Melt one or two tablespoons lard in a medium cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- 6Working in 2 batches, add first 6 pieces of dough to skillet and fry until brown, about 6 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and repeat with second batch.
Serve with Sausage Gravy. Stovetop Biscuits with Sausage Gravy