☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 call purpose flour
4 tspbaking powder
1/4 ccold lard or vegetable shortening, cut into bits, plus more for skillet
How to Make Stovetop Biscuits
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add lard and mix in with fingers until mixture is mealy.
- Add milk and mix until smooth dough forms.
- Divide dough in half and work each half into 6 balls. Flatten balls to about 1/4 thick.
- Melt one or two tablespoons lard in a medium cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Working in 2 batches, add first 6 pieces of dough to skillet and fry until brown, about 6 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and repeat with second batch.
Serve with Sausage Gravy. Stovetop Biscuits with Sausage Gravy