Single Serve Skinny Monkey Bread!
Only 130 Calories Each!!! Compare that to 450 calories per slice of traditional monkey bread!
Find this recipe and more healthy alternatives to the food you crave on www.DashingDish.com!!!
2 can(s)reduced fat pillsbury crescent rolls (off-brand works well too!)
1/2 csugar free maple syrup
1 Tbsplight butter
1/4 cstevia/splenda (or sugar substitute of choice)
How to Make Single Serve Skinny Monkey Bread!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray, (I suggest using non-stick muffin tin to prevent sticking!)
- Open up both cans of crescent dough, and cut each triangle into 3 equal-sized pieces. Roll each piece of dough into 3 equal-sized small balls, totaling 24 balls per pack of crescent rolls. (Note: balls should be smaller than golf balls, but big enough that about 4 balls will fit into each muffin tin).
- Combine the stevia/splenda (or whatever sugar substitute you choose) with 2 tbs of cinnamon in a small bowl. Toss the dough balls in the cinnamon-‘sugar’ mix until the balls are well coated.
- Next, melt the butter in microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds, (or until melted). Add the syrup and 1 tbs cinnamon to the melted butter, stir, and set aside.
- Place four balls into each individual muffin tin, and pour the butter-syrup mixture over each muffin tin, until the dough balls are almost covered in the syrup mixture, (if there isn’t enough to cover each muffin tin, I just added a bit more syrup to each tin).
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes, or until a caramelized crust forms on the top of each little monkey bread. Remove from the oven, and let cool for about 15 minutes. Use a knife to remove the edges and serve on a pretty plate… Preferably while still warm!