Lemon Monkey Bread
If you love lemon you are going to love her recipe!
1 cpacked brown sugar
1 Tbspgrated lemon peel
3 ozpkg. cook and serve lemon pudding and pie filling mix
2 can(s)16.3 oz. ea.-pillsbury grands flaky layers butter tastin refrigerated biscuits
3/4 cmelted butter
1 cpowdered sugar
3 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1 or 2drops yellow food color
note:i added 1/4 cup chopped dried blueberries
How to Make Lemon Monkey Bread
- Heat oven to 350^. Generously spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together brown sugar, lemon peel and pudding mix. I added the dried blueberries too.
- Separate both cans of dough into 16 biscuits. Cut each into 1/4; place in another large bowl. Add melted butter; toss to coat, making sure each piece of dough is covered with the butter. Roll each piece in the pudding mix mixture; place in pan.
Any berries left in pan add between dough pieces.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Place serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over, Remove pan.
- In small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and enough lemon juice until smooth and drizzling consistency. Add enough food color for desired color; mix well. Drizzle glaze over warm bread. Serve warm; pull apart to serve. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- This bread is best warm, it can be reheated in a 200^ oven or in the microwave for 15 seconds.