Aunt Ruby's Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy
Linda Faye Lober
I loved staying all night with her, because her Aunt was and is a fabulous cook.
Her Uncle made the biscuits while her Aunt made the chocolate gravy to serve over them. That and a big glass of milk to wash it down!
Something's you do not forget.
3 call purpose flour
7 tspclabber baking powder
1 1/2 cwhole milk
GRAVY RECIPE BELOW
2 cgranulated sugar
1 ccocoa powder
1 1/2-2 cwhole milk
How to Make Aunt Ruby's Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy
- For Biscuits mix the first 5 ingredients together until blended.
Drop the biscuits onto a well greased cookie sheet.
Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10- 15 minutes
- while the biscuits are baking prepare the gravy on top of stove in a large skillet.
A medium heat works best, while stirring with a wire whisk.
- mix the dry ingredients in a large pan or iron skillet.
Add the milk and stir until it begins to thicken.
After thickened and is a nice creamy gravy consistency, add vanilla.
- By the time the gravy is finished the biscuits will be baked.
Serve the hot gravy over hot biscuits and poor a glass of milk and Enjoy.
- This is a great sometime recipe for Christmas and any special occasion. Chocolate just makes you feel good!