Will's Refrigerator Dill Pickles
How to Make Will's Refrigerator Dill Pickles
- Slice onions and garlic thinly, set aside for about 10 minutes to release their curative powers.
- Cut cucumbers into 1/4s.
****I peeled and sliced mine, as we like them better that way, than spears.
***I also scooped the seeds out. My cucumbers were really the eating kind, not the pickling kind and the seeds were huge!
- Combine the cucumbers, garlic and onions in a large bowl or pot. Set aside.
***You may use EITHER the fresh or dried dill, but not both.
***I use a combo of the dried dill weed and dried dill seed.
- ***I use Nursery (baby) Water it is better for pickling than our city water.
In a large pot combine the water, vinegar, sugar and pickling salt. Bring to a boil.
- Pour the brine over the cucumber mixture.
Cool, and refrigerate.
- These will keep in the frige for 2 months. I divided mine up into qts and pints....I got a total of 6 qts. So it will yield approx 1.5 gal of pickles.
- My niece and her grandkids are eating these by the gal....they love them and they are not too bitey for the little ones. My brother-in-law keeps asking when he can get more.......This is a winner!