Vienna Bread Boat 4 Veggie Dip
Rose Mary Mogan
I wanted to add this earlier but didn't have the time. I made this one just to show you how it is done. I think I will donate this tray to my local bank for Lunch.
You can use what ever veggies that you prefer not just the ones you see here. You can make your veggie dip or purchase one already made in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. There is no special way to arrange it either, just use your imagination as I did here & Be creative.
- loaf vienna bread (top removed & hallowed out for dip)
- 1/4-1/3 c
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated garlic
- 4 clove
- garlic minced
- 1 small
- bunch kale or mustard greens (washed stems removed
- 2 pt
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb
- baby carrots
- 1 large
- red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1-2 bunch
- broccoli crowns (cut into sml. flowerettes) may need extra to refill later
- 1 large
- bag radishes
- mini sweet peppers(assorted colors)
- 1 large
- 2 pkg
- knorr vegetable recipe mix
- 1 c
- hellmans mayonnaise
- 2 lb
- sour cream (good quality)
How to Make Vienna Bread Boat 4 Veggie Dip
- 1You may purchase a store bought variety of vegetable dip if you prefer. The dip portion of this recipe is for those that prefer to make their own.
- 3PULL OUT MOST OF THE INSIDE LEAVING AT LEAST A 1/2 INCH BORDER/RIM in the loaf.
- 4Combine olive oil and granulated garlic with minced garlic, then brush the inside cavity of the bread.
Place bread in a preheated 350 degree F. Oven, & toast for about 10 to 15 minutes. To allow the flavors to get into the bread, and the inside is a bit crispy. Allow to cool.
- 6Arrange vegetables around the outer perimeter of the bread loaf, in a pattern of your choice. Alternate the colors of the veggies on the platter, to make a contrast of colors. Replace Top of Bread loaf & refrigerate till ready to serve. Allow to chill at least 2 hours or longer before serving.
- 7RADISH ROSETTES: with a small paring knife, cut off a small bottom & top of radish, & beginning at base of radish, using a paring knife, cut a thin peel away from veggie BUT NOT ALL THE WAY THROUGH. With the next cut, cut into a small portion of FIRST CUT, & do this all the way around radish as you work your way to the top. Then place in a large bowl of ice water, and allow cuts to open up like a flower. Repeat steps till you haVE MADE AS MANY AS YOU NEED FOR THE VEGETABLE PLATTER.
- 8GREEN ONION FLOWER- With a sharp knife, cut half of green onion tops away, chop that portion into small circles, and use on top of other foods, like this veggie boat, or other dishes. With the remaining portion of onions that is left, take a sharp paring knife & cut each blade into 3 or 4 strips, then repeat the same procedure for the white part if desired, then place in a large bowl of ice water, and allow to curl and open. Use as a garnish on veggie tray or other food dishes.