Tomato, Olive and Rosemary Crustless Quiche
- 4 c
- grape tomatoes
- 5 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/3 c
- kalamata olives, pitted, cut lengthwise
- 1 -1/2 c
- day old bread crumbs
- 1 c
- chopped white onion
- lemon, zest only, finely grated
- 2 c
- half and half
- large eggs
- egg yolks
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 c
- white cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 c
- fontana or other cheese, grated
- kosher salt
How to Make Tomato, Olive and Rosemary Crustless Quiche
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put tomatoes on baking pan and toss with 1 T. Olive oil. Roast in oven for 13 minutes. Add olives, toss with olive oil in pan and roast with tomatoes another 10 min, until tomatoes have some black spots. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and remove pan.
- 2Meanwhile pulse bread cubes into crumbs in food processor. Heat 2 T. oil in skillet and saute bread crumbs over medium heat about 5 min. until lightly toasted. Evenly spread crumbs in 9 inch Quiche or pie pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3Wipe skillet out, add 2 T. oil and add chopped onion and season with 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook until starting to turn brown. Add lemon zest. Cook 1 minute more.
- 4Whisk eggs, yolks and half and half together, Season with salt and pepper to taste.(omit salt if using a salty cheese). Evenly spread onions over crumbs in pan. Combine cheeses and spread over onions. Add tomatoes and olives, Sprinkle with Rosemary and pour egg mixture over.
- 5Bake at 350 until center is just set, 40-50 minutes. Cool on rack before serving.