Southern Boiled Peanuts
How to Make Southern Boiled Peanuts
- Clean out trashy shells and rinse your fresh green peanuts
- Pour salt into Instapot and add peanuts.
- Cover peanuts with water and use trivet w/glass bowl on top for weight. (You want the peanuts under water) I place the bowl upside down on the trivet so the rim does not interfere with the pressure sensor.
- Use the Manual setting for high pressure at 90 minutes.
- When Instapot cuts off, allow to stay on warm until the pressure indicator drops (natural release)
- Drain and rinse peanuts. You can eat some of them now but they won't be perfect until they spend the night in your refrigerator.
- Seal in airtight container. Refrigerate over night. Serve cold. I have a friend from up north that likes them heated in the microwave, so you may want to try them both ways.