- 3 can(s)
- chick peas
- 4-6 Tbsp
- 2-4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 large
- 1 Tbsp
- 1-2 large
- tomatoes, fresh & cut into eighths
- whole wheat pitas
- cucumbers, fresh & sliced about 3/8 in thick
- 1/4 c
- parsley, italian (optional but adds color)
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic, minced.
How to Make Hummus from a real YiaYia
- 1Drain two cans of the chick peas completely; drain third can but save the liquid.
- 2Put all cans of chick peas--don't use reserved liquid--into Cuisinart and pulse. Add increments of liquid til it's the texture of cooked oatmeal. Add liquid slowly! This should not be watery.
- 3Add tahini & olive oil FIRST. Very important or hummus will seize up. Pulse again. Add lemon & cumin & garlic. Salt to taste.
- 4Scoop hummus out of Cuisinart bowl into small shallow bowl(s). Drizzle more olive oil & sprinkle with cumin.
Serve with tomatoes, cucumbers, pita bread.