EDDIE AND JANET'S OLD TIME SWEET PICKLES
How to Make EDDIE AND JANET'S OLD TIME SWEET PICKLES
- Soak 7 lbs. small freshly picked cucumbers in 2 gallons of ice cold water and 3 cups lime. Soak 24 hours. Stirring every 2 hours.
- Drain cucumber slices, rinse in cold water and allow to sit for 4 hours, changing water every hour.
- To make syrup, bring to a boil vinegar, sugar, and celery seed. Pour over cucumbers and let stand overnight.
- The next day simmer the cucumbers in syrup for 1 hour over very low heat. Put in jars and put the lids on and screw on rings. Process pints for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath
- Makes about 11 pints. Let sit for a week before opening. 2 weeks is best.