Dad's Garlic Dill Pickles
25-30whole pickling cucumbers. ( 4-5 inchs long quarter size round)
3 cwhite vinegar
8 Tbspkosher salt
1 bunchdill (baby dill ok if regular is out of season)
6 Tbsppickling spice
?optional additional dried hot peppers for spice
How to Make Dad's Garlic Dill Pickles
- scrub cucumbers with vegetable brush
- clean and sanitize a 1 gallon jar for pickles or use a crock
- mix vinegar, water, salt, and pickling spice in a none reactive bowl until salt is dissolved. ( I cold brine my pickles )
- start packing jar a few cloves of peeled garlic, dill, cucumbers, continue layers until jar is packed
- ladle cold brine into jar making sure to get plenty of the pickling spice in.
- loosely cap jar and leave sit for 3 days to a week before giving them a test.
- I do not refrigerate mine but you can after they have sat out to pickle if you choose.