Dad's Garlic Dill Pickles
- whole pickling cucumbers. ( 4-5 inchs long quarter size round)
- 3 c
- white vinegar
- 9 c
- 8 Tbsp
- kosher salt
- 10-12 clove
- 1 bunch
- dill (baby dill ok if regular is out of season)
- 6 Tbsp
- pickling spice
- optional additional dried hot peppers for spice
How to Make Dad's Garlic Dill Pickles
- 1scrub cucumbers with vegetable brush
- 2clean and sanitize a 1 gallon jar for pickles or use a crock
- 3mix vinegar, water, salt, and pickling spice in a none reactive bowl until salt is dissolved. ( I cold brine my pickles )
- 4start packing jar a few cloves of peeled garlic, dill, cucumbers, continue layers until jar is packed
- 5ladle cold brine into jar making sure to get plenty of the pickling spice in.
- 6loosely cap jar and leave sit for 3 days to a week before giving them a test.
- 7I do not refrigerate mine but you can after they have sat out to pickle if you choose.