You need a vegetable peeler to make these paper thin stix as a healthy snack or a garnish for your next salad.
The carrot slices shrink quite a bit when baked, so buy the thickest carrots you can find to end up with wider, sturdier stix.
- 2 large
- wide carrots.peeled
- 1 1/2 tsp
- olive oil more or less
- 1/4 tsp
- plus 1/8 teas. kosher salt
- 1 pinch
- black pepper
- original ranch dressing, for dipping
How to Make Carrot Stix
- 1Heat oven to 350^ and arrange the racks to divide the oven into thirds.
- 3Place the strips in a single layer on 2 baking sheets- the strips can be touching but should not overlap.
- 4Bake for 6 minutes, then rotate the pans between the racks. Bake until the edges of the chips are just starting to turn golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes more. Place the baking sheets on wire racks and let the chips cool until crisp, about 3 minutes.
- 5Using your hands, carefully transfer the chips to a serving dish and serve with ranch dressing. Store in airtight container for up to 5 days when making more.