1/3 colive oil
1juice of 1 lemon
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tspkosher salt
1 tspfresh ground black pepper
1loaf 2 inch diameter crusty french bread sliced in 1/2 inch slices on the diagonal
24 largefresh basil leaves
1 lbfresh mozzarella
How to Make Caprese Bites
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together garlic, seasoned salt, black pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Gently fold in tomatoes until well coated.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from olive oil mixture and set aside.
- Brush tops of bread slices with olive oil mixture that tomatoes were marinating in.
- Place bread on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for about 5 minutes. Until just toasted.
- Place 1 large leaf of Basil on each slice of bread and top with a slice of tomato.
- Scoop mozzarella cheese with a half round tablespoon size measuring spoon and top tomato slices with mozzarella cheese.