So whip up a few and enjoy these easy to make treats. If desired,before frying, you can cut each in thirds, fry, and serve with the shaved radish and lettuce with creamy chipotle
- 2 lb
- thick sliced smoked bacon
- 1 medium
- sweet onion,finely diced
- 1/4 c
- 1 or 2 Tbsp
- ancho chile powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp
- chipotle chili powder
- vegetable oil
- corn tortillas(heat in microwave for 20 seconds)
- thinly sliced radishes and shaved lettuce and chipotle sauce
How to Make Bacon Taquitos
- 1In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain. Keep the bacon grease in the skillet.
Cut the bacon crosswise into 1-inch strips and put in a bowl.
- 2In the skillet with the bacon grease, sauté the onions until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the onion to the bowl with the bacon pieces, add the honey and ancho and chipotle powders, and season to taste with salt.
- 3Add enough vegetable oil to a deep skillet to measure about 1-inch deep and heat to 375^ on an instant read thermometer.(i used my electric fry pan)
- 4Heat each tortilla as you go in microwave for 20 seconds or less and working quickly, place 2 tablespoons of the filling mixture in each tortilla and roll up tightly, and secure with 2 toothpicks (or cut in 3 and use 3 toothpicks, and fry until golden brown and crispy.
Remove, drain on paper towels, discard the toothpicks ,if desired, and serve immediately with shaved radishes, and shredded lettuce and chipotle sauce- (I use Taco Bell mild sauce).Ranch dressing with bacon bits works good too.