Tomatoes Stuffed with Shrimp
- 4 large
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 small
- onion, minced
- 1 c
- cooked or canned small popcorn shrimp
- 1/4 c
- bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley or 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 2 Tbsp
- shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Tomatoes Stuffed with Shrimp
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Slice the top end off the tomatoes. Scoop out the insides of the tomatoes (but don't make the walls of the tomato too thin), sprinkle with a little salt and turn upside down to drain.
- 3In skillet, heat butter, add onion and sauté until tender. Add the shrimp, crumbs, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. The shrimp should only take a minute or two to saute.
- 4Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture and top with Parmesan cheese.
- 5Bake 15-20 minutes and serve before your meal as a first course or with your meal as a side dish.