Seafood Cheesecake- Savory
Great spread on crackers- You will be the hit of the party or buffet table with this delicious morsel.
Epicurean recipe, changed a bit by me.
- 1/2 c
- thin wheat crackers, finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 1 small
- onion, peeled and cut in 1/2
- 16 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 can(s)
- 6.5 oz. ea. minced clams, or shrimp or crabmeat, drained
- 2 large
- 1/2 c
- dairy sour cream
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- dried dill weed, crushed
- 1/4 tsp
- each salt and hot pepper sauce
How to Make Seafood Cheesecake- Savory
- 1Heat oven to 300^. Combine crackers and butter, mix well together.
Butter or spray a 1 1/2 quart ovenproof casserole dish;line the bottom with waxed paper or parchment paper and butter or spray this paper too.
Sprinkle 1/2 the crumb mixture on bottom of dish;reserve remainder of crumb mixture for top; set aside.
- 2In food processor fitted with a metal blade, finely chop onion. Add remaining ingredients, except reserved cracker crumb mixture.
Process mixture 45 seconds ,until smooth. Pour into prepared dish; sprinkle with reserved cracker crumbs.
- 3Place dish in larger pan; place both in oven and fill larger pan with boiling water to about 2 inch deep. Bake 1 hour-until a knife inserted in cheesecake 1 inch from center comes out clean.
- 4Turn off oven; let cheesecake remain in oven for 30 minutes.Remove from oven.
Cool on a wire rack until room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until cold - about 4 hours or overnight.
- 5To Unmold:
Run a metal spatula or long knife along edge of pan; invert onto serving plate; remove wax paper; garnish with lemon zest and bagel chip, if desired.