Easy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms (Microwave)
One of the great things is you can use this same mixture to make excellent wontons.
How to Make Easy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms (Microwave)
- 1In a mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese with shredded crab meat. Everyone has their own taste as to how much crab to add. I just make sure there is more cream cheese than crab.
- 2Add lemon pepper to taste. In my experience more is better so don't be shy with it. Taste it as you go and remember you can always add more.
- 3Stuff each individual mushroom cap and place in a microwave safe glass baking dish making sure the size of the dish will fit in your microwave.
- 4Place several pats of butter evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Depending on the size of the dish as to how many pats of butter. You don't want them swimming in butter but want them moist while cooking and the butter adds flavor. I average about 6 or so.
- 5Cover the dish with Saran Wrap and place in the microwave.
- 6Cook on high. The time will vary for each microwave. I usually start out with about 4-5 minutes and add minutes as I go if needed. Get a feel for how your microwave cooks them and be sure not to overcook. You don't want the cheese mixture to cook over into the pan.
- 7That is all there is to it. Enjoy!!!
- 8Note: This mixture is fantastic to use as a wonton filler as well!
- 9Note: These are excellent as they are but you can add other ingredients to suit your taste such as crumbled bacon, etc. If you add onion go sparingly so as not to drown out the taste of the crab. Once cooked in the microwave you could add your choice of shredded cheese on top and pop them in the oven on a low broil to melt the cheese.