Crab Dip to Make Ahead
It tasty great and your guests and family will surly want the recipe for this one...it can be made 2 days ahead of time...how sweet is that!
This is my cousin Mary's idea that I have tweaked a bit.She doesn't like onion, but I do and I like to add the gelatin, just to give it that non runny texture after it sits awhile. I think you will like this.
- 1/2 lb
- cooked crab meat or 6 ounce can, drained well
- 8 oz
- package cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 10 3/4 oz
- can cream of shrimp or cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 1/2 tsp
- unflavored gelatin- 1 packet
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- sliced green onions
- 1/2 c
- chopped celery
- serve with
- assorted crackers
How to Make Crab Dip to Make Ahead
- 1Light oil a 4 cup bowl or mold, if you desire and set aside. Carefully clean the crab meat or any shells or cartilage.
- 2In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine cream cheese and undiluted soup; stir until well blended.
Sprinkle gelatin over mixture; stir until well blended.
Stir in mayonnaise until mixed in.Don't let mixture boil. Remove from heat. Stir in onions and celery to distribute evenly.
- 3Pour crab mixture into the prepared bowl or mold and chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
To serve spoon onto serving plate and sprinkle with Old Bay seafood seasoning and a lemon twist.
- 4If using a mold:
To unmold, dip mold into warm water, being careful not to let water get into mold. Invert onto a serving plater and serve as above with assorted crackers.