Hooters Hot Wings Recipe by Rose Mary
Rose Mary Mogan
5 lbchicken wings, disjointed
2 cwhole wheat flour
1 call-purpose flour
1 Tbspkosher salt
1 Tbsppaprika, sweet mild
1 Tbspgranulated garlic powder
2 tspground red pepper, or cayenne pepper
2 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspgranulated onion powder
1 chot sauce (your favorite)
How to Make Hooters Hot Wings Recipe by Rose Mary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a half sheetcake size pan. Place a metal baking rack over top of pan, or use a rack that fits inside pan but slightly raised from bottom of pan. Spray liberally with non stick cooking spray, and set aside till ready to use.
- In a gallon size reclosable style bag, add both flours,and all of the spices. Close securely and shake thourgly to mix. Add 6 or 7 pieces of chicken to the bag at a time and dust thourgly till fully coated with flour mixture.
- Place floured pieces in a large pan and refrigerate for at least an hour. This step ensures that flour adhears to chicken
- Then remove from fridge, and place on prepared rack, and spray each piece with non stick cooking spray. DO NOT OVER CROWD PAN.LEAVE SPACE BETWEEN EACH PIECE.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes till browned and crispy on outside.
- Prepare sauce while chicken is baking. By melting butter and hot sauce in a small sauce pan over low heat, till butter is completely melted. Stirring together to mix completely.
- Using tongs dip each piece of chicken into hot sauce mixture and place on large platter. Serve immediately with ranch dressing or serve plain.
- NOTE:If more sauce is needed melt equal parts butter with equal parts hot sauce. EG: 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup hot sauce.