☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largeheard of garlic, top cut off
1/2 Tbspoil such as grapeseed, canola, olive oil
How to Make Roasted Garlic
- Cut off the top of the garlic head to expose each clove. Drizzle oil on top.
- The oven methods…
- Place a parchment paper on a piece of foil and wrap the garlic.
- Place garlic in a loaf or muffin pan then cover with foil or place parchment paper before the foil.
- Place garlic in a small cocotte and put the lid on.
- Transfer prepared garlic in a 400ºF preheated oven and roast for 1 hour.
- The stove top methods…
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add garlic cloves with skin on. Dry roast them until blacken on all sides; about 20 minutes
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add oil and peeled garlic cloves. As soon as the oil starts sizzling, reduce heat to medium-low and cook them for 30 minutes, tossing often. Remove them with a slotted spoon and continue with recipe.
- Transfer the garlic infused oil in a glass jar for other recipes.
- Note: To give more flavor to your roasted garlic, add spices and herbs to your oil or use an infused oil such as Chili oil. Drizzle over the head, wrap and transfer to the oven