Chirzo Stuffed Mushroom Caps
You can use mild Italian or a Chirizo sausage for something a little different. You could also use goat cheese instead of the cream cheese
The caps can be made the day ahead of your party, covered and chilled.
You can also partially cook for 10 minutes and then freeze. To reheat, thaw caps and bake for 15 minutes.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3chirzo or italian sausage, hot, casing removed
1 1/2 tsporegano, dried
1 cparmigiano-reggiano, grated
1/2 tspworcestershire sauce
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/3 cwhite wine
1 largeegg yolk
·salt and pepper to taste
18 oz pkg cream chease
How to Make Chirzo Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Remove casings from sausage. Break up sausage meat and saute with oregano over medium heat. Transfer to mixing bowl and cool.
- To cooled sausage meat, add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder, then cream cheese. Season filling with salt and pepper then mix in egg yolk.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Chop stems and add to cheese and sausage mixture
- Brush mushroom caps with white wine and stuff with sausage filling.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over caps and place caps on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve