Chirzo Stuffed Mushroom Caps
You can use mild Italian or a Chirizo sausage for something a little different. You could also use goat cheese instead of the cream cheese
The caps can be made the day ahead of your party, covered and chilled.
You can also partially cook for 10 minutes and then freeze. To reheat, thaw caps and bake for 15 minutes.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- chirzo or italian sausage, hot, casing removed
- 1 1/2 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 1 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- 1/2 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- mushroom caps
- 1/3 c
- white wine
- 1 large
- egg yolk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz pkg cream chease
How to Make Chirzo Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 1Remove casings from sausage. Break up sausage meat and saute with oregano over medium heat. Transfer to mixing bowl and cool.
- 2To cooled sausage meat, add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder, then cream cheese. Season filling with salt and pepper then mix in egg yolk.
- 3Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Chop stems and add to cheese and sausage mixture
- 4Brush mushroom caps with white wine and stuff with sausage filling.
- 5Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over caps and place caps on a parchment lined baking sheet
- 6Bake for 25 minutes and serve