The lighter side of nachos grandes
Fat; 3 grams total.
Carbs; 19 grams
- 1 tsp
- canola oil
- 1/4 lb
- ground lean turkey
- 1 c
- red kidney beans, drained
- 1 small
- yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes w/ chiles, drained well
- 2 tsp
- dry taco seasoning mix
- 6-8 oz
- reduced fat, baked tortilla chips
- 1 c
- reduced fat, shredded mexican style cheese, i used kraft
- pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/4 c
- sliced, pickled jalapeno peppers, drained. can find in gourmet food aisle
- 1/2 c
- fat-free sour cream, i used daisy's brand
- 1/4 c
- chopped green onions, green parts only
How to Make The lighter side of nachos grandes
- 1Heat oven to 425. Lightly spray a baking sheet w/ cooking spray. Heat oil in lg skillet over med-high heat. Add ground turkey, red kidney beans and onion. Cook until turkey is cooked through, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you stir.
- 2Stir in tomatoes and taco seasoning. Cook, stirring until thickened. Reduce heat and keep warm.
- 3Place tortilla chips on prepared baking sheet. Make sure to put them down in a single layer. Top evenly w/ turkey mix. Sprinkle evenly with cheese, olives and jalapeno peppers. Bake about 5 mins or until cheese is melted. Pile nachos on plates and serve with sour cream.