PARMIGIANO REGGIANO CRISPS
Recipe and photo: wholefoods.com
- 4 oz
- parmigiano reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 pinch
- cayenne pepper, if desired
- 1 pinch
- fresh sage or thyme, if desired
How to Make PARMIGIANO REGGIANO CRISPS
- 1In a medium bowl, toss the grated cheese with cayenne or herbs.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment or a non-stick silicone pad. Spoon heaping tablespoons of cheese mixure onto the baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- 3Lightly press to flatten, making circles about 2 inches in diameter (for a uniform shape, use a 2" biscuit or cookie cutter as a guide).
- 4Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven for 6 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
- 5Remove from oven and cool a few minutes to firm slightly. Then use a spatula to loosen and remove to cool further and harden. Repeat process until all cheese is used. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container layered between sheets of wax paper.
- 6Serve plain, or with any number of sauces: alfredo, marinara, or some olive oil with herbs.