Ham, Swiss & Onion Sliders
- 1 pkg
- hawaiian bread rolls
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp
- each of spicy brown mustard & dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 pkg
- onion soup mix (dry)
- 1 clove
- garlic, diced
- 1/2 tsp
- poppy seeds **optional**
- 1 tsp
- each onion & garlic powder
- 1-2 pinch
- red pepper flakes
- 10-12 slice
- smoked deli ham, thinly sliced
- 5-6 slice
- baby swiss cheese from the deli
How to Make Ham, Swiss & Onion Sliders
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Remove rolls from package I using a bread knife cut entire length of rolls in half so you will have the tops in one big pice and the bottoms in one big piece. Then place bottom on foil lined baking sheet.
- 3On Stovetop saute 1 stick of butter & diced onion until opaque.
- 4Add both types of mustard, garlic clove, onion soup mix, garlic & onion powder, red pepper flakes, & poppy seeds. Saute for 1 minute then shut heat off.
- 5Spread 1/3 of onion & mustard mixture over the bottom of rolls. Top with ham & cheese then top with 1/3 of onion & mustard mixture.
*Using a bread knife score through the rolls gently so they easily pull apart after baking.
- 6Place tops of rolls on then top each with a bit of the onion mixture.
Foil and bake for 20 minutes just to melt cheese.
Remove foil & broil 2-3 minutes to brown slightly. Watch Closely so you do not scorch them.
Serve these hot out of the oven.