Der Rheinlander Cheese Fondue
★★★★★ 1 vote5
5 cprocessed swiss american cheese
1 csauterne (chablis) wine
1/4 tspmsg (accent brand)
1 dash(es)white pepper
1/2loaf rye bread
1/2loaf french bread
How to Make Der Rheinlander Cheese Fondue
- Grate or chop cheese.
- Bring water, wine, butter and seasoning to a boil.
Then add cheese and set into double boiler.
- Stir thoroughly with wooden spoon until cheese melts into a smooth heavy sauce.
- If fondue seems too thick, add more wine.
If too thin, add more cheese.
- Dice bread into 2-inch squares and brown lightly in oven.
- Keep fondue warm while serving, else a skin will form on the top.