☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 can(s)
- garbanzo beans, rinsed, smashed
- hard boiled egg, chopped, optional
- 2 Tbsp
- vegan mayonnaise, or enough to moisten
- 1 Tbsp
- dill pickle relish
- 1/2 tsp
- celery seed
- rib celery. chopped fine
- pepper to taste
- avocado mashed
- 1 Tbsp
- additional vegan mayonnaise
- whole wheat toast or lettuce
- seasoning spice of choice
How to Make Vegetarian Tuna Salad
- 1Toast bread if making a sandwich, or tear lettuce for salad.
- 2In a bowl combine mashed garbanzos, mayo, hard boiled egg (optional), relish, celery seed, celery, pepper.
- 3For sandwich : In a separate bowl add mashed avocado, mayonnaise, seasoning of choice. I like, Pele's Fire Sea Salt which contains: Sea Salt, Ground Chili, Peppers, Cayenne, Smoked Paprika. Gives the green mayonnaise a little kick. Combine all and spread on each piece of toast.
- 4Top with your garbanzo mixture, and enjoy. You can use this mixture for a mock tuna salad or vegetarian tuna sandwich.