CUCUMBERS AND ONIONS
Recipe & photo: recipes.wikia.com
How to Make CUCUMBERS AND ONIONS
- Peel the cucumbers and slice thin. Layer in a shallow dish, sprinkling each layer with salt. Let stand overnight.
- In the morning, drain the cucumbers and rinse; let dry on paper towels.
- Slice the onions thin and mix gently with the cucumber slices.
- In a small bowl, beat together the mayonnaise or salad dressing, sugar and vinegar until creamy.
- Stir into the mixed cucumbers and onions.
- This dish should be creamy, so the dressing may have to be doubled if not creamy enough.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with tomato slices on the side, if desired.