Baked Salsa Potato Skins
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 large
- russet potatoes
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 c
- thick, chunky salsa
- 2 oz
- reduced fat cheddar, shreddded
- 1/4 c
- chopped green onion
How to Make Baked Salsa Potato Skins
- 1Scrub potatoes, pat dry. Pierce several times.
Microwave potatoes on high until tender -- about 15 min.
- 2Allow potatoes to cool for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450*
- 3Cut the potatoes in half, end to end.
Being careful not to tear the skin, scoop potato pulp out of the skin, leaving about 1/4" shell.
Reserve potato pulp for another use (such as potato pancakes, soup, or mashed).
Carefully cut the potato halves in half again, end to end, making "canoes".
- 4In a small bowl combine the olive oil and garlic.
Brush the insides of the potato skins with the oil mixture.
Place the skins on a baking sheet.
- 5Bake the skins until they're almost crisp, about 10-12 minutes.
Remove the skins from the oven. Top each with 1/2 tablespoon of salsa.
Sprinkle with cheese and green onion.
- 6Return the skins to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- 7These are very tasty! I'm not a big salsa fan, but I like them :)
1) Choose potatoes without blemishes
2) Drain your salsa a bit, if it's too watery.
3) You could kick these up a bit with a garnish of guacamole, or dollop of sour cream.