2 can(s)artichoke hearts (in water)
1 + 1/4 citalian bread crumbs
4 ozparmesan cheese, grated
4 ozromano cheese, grated
4 clovegarlic, minced
+/- 2 ozolive oil
4hard boiled eggs (optional)
·garlic powder to taste
·onion powder to taste
How to Make Artichoke Balls
- Squeeze liquid from artichoke hearts.
- In food processor chop artichoke hearts, garlic, 1 cup bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, olive oil, optional boiled eggs, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Put mixture in refrigerator to chill.
- Combine Romano & remaining breadcrumbs.
- Roll to completely coat in Romano & breadcrumbs.
- When mixture is cold, roll into small balls. If you have a melon baller this makes the perfect size.
- These can be served cold or if you prefer them hot then bake them in 350* F oven until balls start to brown.
- *Note: Balls can be frozen before rolling in bread crumb mixture.