Salt and Pepper Shrimp, Iris
1 tspblack pepper
2 tspszechwan peppercorns
1 lbpeeled jumbo shrimp
2 Tbsppeanut oil
1 tspginger, fresh grated
3 clovegarlic, crushed
·green onions for garnish
How to Make Salt and Pepper Shrimp, Iris
- Finely grind the salt, pepper, and peppercorns in a spice grinder or with a motar and pestle.
- Rinse shrimp under cold running water, pat dry and set aside.
- Heat the oil in preheated skillet or wok if you have one. Add the shrimp, chili, ginger and garlic and stir fry for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through and have changed color.
- Add the salt and pepper mixture to the wok and stir fry for 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with the onions and serve immediately. NOTE: You can ditch the rice and serve as an appetizer with shrimp crackers also.