Deep Fried Lobster Bites
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I love lobster and I absolutely loved this recipe. The tempura batter is flavorful and not overly heavy. Served at a New Year's Eve party and impress your guests! Be careful not to over-fry your lobster - it will become tough. The Test Kitchen
1lobster tail per person
1egg per tail
1 1/2 cseltzer water
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
1 tspgarlic powder
2 stickbutter, unsalted
How to Make Deep Fried Lobster Bites
- Beat eggs and buttermilk well set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add all tempura ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut the lobster tail down the middle and remove meat. Cut the meat into big bite sized chunks. Dip into egg wash coating well. Then dip into the tempura batter coating well. Deep fry a few pieces at a time for 3-4 minutes. Don't over crowd and make sure grease is hot about 350 degrees. Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Clarifying butter. Cut sticks of butter into pieces. Place the butter in a heavy saucepan and melt slowly over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.Skim the foam from the top, and slowly pour into a container, discarding the milky solids in the bottom of the pan.
- Dip lobster bites into butter and enjoy.