Calamari With Ouzo!
Kali orexi! Have a good appetite!
2 lbmedium size calamari
2 clovegarlic, finely chopped
1 ckefalotyri or regato cheese, grated
1 cparsley, finely chopped
1/3 colive oil + 3 tbsps
1/4 couzo (greek aparatif)
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Calamari With Ouzo!
- Wash & clean the calamari by removing the breast bone & intestines. Rince, season with salt, place in a strainer & set aside to drain of any liquids.
If your calamari is large you may cut it in 2 or 3 pieces/wide rings.
- Blend the garlic cloves, the grated cheese, parsley, & 3 Tbsps of olive oil. Blend til you have a green paste. A kind of "pesto" sauce. Set aside for later.
- Heat 1/3 cup of olive oil in a large frying pan until heated well. Add all the calamari and stir while cooking, til it begins to brown. Continue to cook and stir for another 4-5 minutes.
Add the ouzo, lower the heat to medium & continue to cook til liquids are absorbed.
- Pour the "pesto" sauce, mix well & keep cooking on medium heat for 5-10 minutes and then serve.
- This dish may be served as an appetizer "meze" or main dish with a rice pilaf on the side. Plenty of fresh crusty bread to dip into the delicious sauce.
Kali Orexi! ENJOY!