Warm Marinated Olives
- 12 oz
- mixed nonmarinated olives
- 1/2 tsp
- fennel seeds
- large garlic clove, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 pinch
- hot chile flakes
- 3-inch-long strip orange peel
- 3 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme
- extra-virgin olive oil
- loaf ciabatta bread, sliced
How to Make Warm Marinated Olives
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine the olives, fennel seeds, garlic, chile flakes, orange peel and thyme in a small ovenproof baking dish just large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- 2Add enough olive oil to the dish to come within 1 inch of the top of the baking dish. Cover dish with foil and bake until the olives are hot and the olive oil is bubbly, about 45 minutes.
- 3During the last 15 minutes, wrap the bread in foil and add it to the oven to warm. Serve the hot olives with crusty bread on the side.