EL CUCUY (the boogieman) HOT SAUCE by EDDIE
- 2 Tbsp
- extra veggin olive oil
- 1 c
- diced onion
- anaheim peppers
- habanero peppers
- trinidad peppers
- 4 clove
- 2 lb
- tomatoes diced
- 1 c
- distilled white vinegar
- 2 tsp
- 1 - 2 tsp
PEPPERS NEED TO BE STEMED HALVED AND SEEDED; WARE GLOVES AND EYE PROTECION
How to Make EL CUCUY (the boogieman) HOT SAUCE by EDDIE
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat add onions, anaheim, habanero, and trinidad peppers, add garlic and cook stirring until onions is soft and beginning to brown.
- 2Reduce heat to medium, add tomatoes, vinegar, salt, and sugar to taste. Cook stirring occasionally until the tomatoes begin to brake down 5 minutes.
- 3Carefully transfer the tomato mixture to a food processor, puree until smooth. ( Use caution when pureeing hot ingredients).
- 4Set a fine mesh sieve over medium bowl. Pour the pureed mixture through the sieve, pushing on the solids with a wooden spoon to extract the liquid ( discard the solids).
- 5let hot sauce cool to room temperature 1 1/2 hours.
- 6When cool, put hot sauce in half pint stearel jars leaving1/4 inch head space. put on rings and lids.
- 7Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes