and talk about FAMILY FRIENDLY and EASY PEASY! Kids LOVE these and are a great thing to have them help you make just like I did with my Grandma!
- 1 pkg
- jumbo marshmallows
- 1 pkg
- jello flavor of your choice (3 oz. box)
- tooth picks
- small dish of water about 1-1/2 inch deep
- dry rag or paper towels
How to Make Jellomellows
- 1First you need to pick out your Jello flavor and pour power mix into a shallow dish or shallow bowl. My Grandma always used Lime and Strawberry but I don't know if it was the flavor she liked or the lack or choices back then... but I say go with whatever you like... do some Berry Blue and Raspberry for Independence Day or Strawberry and Lime for Christmas... Whatever you like (keep In mind that you will have about 1/2 to 1/4 of the Jello mixture left over per bag of marshmallows.
- 2Insert a tooth pick into each marshmallow and arrange on a tray or cookie sheet.
- 3Take the marshmallow by the pick and dip into the water up to the top of the barrel.
- 4Roll over the paper towel to get the excess moisture off.
- 5Roll in the Jello powder mix - set aside and repeat the process for the rest of the bag :)
- 6Refrigerate for about an hour and serve. These form a bit of a crust and smell divine. I think they taste better the cooler they are but they are good no matter what.
- 7***** Get creative! I have thought about trying to use pre-sweetened koolaid but that might get too sweet or I have even thought of crushing up some Pop-Rocks and mixing them in the Jello mix for a fun twist! Or mix in some Pixi-Stix powder if you like them tart! The possibilities are endless! :D
*NEW IDEA - My mother and I were talking about how good these would be for a winter party - make them with cocoa or chocolate pudding mix and serve on a tray with nice hot cocoa. Put them on a longer pick and people can either eat them cold or swirl their cocoa with it... hey it IS a marshmallow. :D