Mom's Peanut Brittle
How to Make Mom's Peanut Brittle
- GENEROUSLY coat a large platter or cookie sheet with butter. Set aside.
- Mix Karo syrup, sugar, water, and peanuts together in a heavy black cast iron skillet.
- On medium high temperature,cook and brown until the peanuts begin to pop, stirring constantly. Syrup will have become a golden caramel color.
- BE PREPARED! Take off the stove and add the 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda.
- Moving VERY QUICKLY, beat the soda into the candy mixture and spread mixture out onto the buttered dish.
- Once cool enough to handle, gently turn the brittle over to finish cooling. When finished cooling,break into pieces and store in an AIR TIGHT container.