LADY BALTIMORE CAKE
2-2/3 csifted cake flour
1 1/2 csugar
4 tspbaking powder
2/3 cvegetable shortening
1 1/4 cmilk
How to Make LADY BALTIMORE CAKE
- Grease bottom of two 9+1 1/2 round layer cake pans and line the pans with wax paper. Grease and flour the paper.
- Combine flour,sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, 3/4 cups of milk and the vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer until blended, then beat at high speed for 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of milk and the egg whites,
- Continue beating at high speed 2 minutes longer, scraping down side of bowl often. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, loosen around edges with a knife : turn out onto wire racks and remove waxed paper.
- Cool completely, fill and frost as desired. Makes one 9 inch double-layer cake.