CHICKEN BREASTS with LEMON
1/2 call purpose flour
·salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
4chicken breasts halved, skinless & boneless
2 Tbspolive oil, light
4sprigs fresh thyme
2 Tbspshallots finely chopped
2 tspcloves finely chopped
2 tsplemon rind, grated
3 Tbsplemon juice, fresh
1/2 cchicken broth
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
How to Make CHICKEN BREASTS with LEMON
- Season flour with salt and pepper, and dredge the chicken all over.
- Shake off excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet large enough to hold the chicken piecesin one layer. Or use two skilltes.
- Add chicken and cook uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until light browned.
- Turn the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Carefully remove the oil from the skillet, leave the chicken. Discard oil
- Add the thyme, shallots, and garlic cook for about 1 minute. Don' burn garlic
- Add the lemon rind, the lemon juice and broth. Scrap the skillet to dissolve the brown particles that cling to bottom
- Add the butter, and cook for three more minutes.