The old saying that all things are better with bacon is true. Sweet or savory, recipes with bacon are more exciting. Whether serving bacon strips with breakfast, sprinkling crumbled bacon on a salad or using candied bacon in a fun dessert, you can’t go wrong. Typically bacon is cooked on the stove which can get tedious (and messy). We’re going to share a simpler way to cook bacon – in the oven!
It’s so much easier to pop a cookie sheet filled with bacon in the oven and let it do its thing. Not only does it create extra time and stovetop space to work on the rest of the meal, but it also fills the kitchen with the irresistible smell of bacon. When the baked bacon comes out of the oven all crispy and perfect, it’s magic. Good luck getting that bacon to the table because people will line up to get samples.
- 1 lb regular sliced bacon
- Cooking spray
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
2. Lay the bacon slices onto cookie sheet. It’s ok if the slices touch, but they should not overlap.
3. Put the bacon in the preheated oven on the middle rack for 10 minutes.
4. Take the bacon out and flip the slices.
5. Place bacon back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes depending on preferred crispness.
6. Take the cookie sheet out of the oven.
7. Drain cooked bacon on a plate lined with paper towels.
8. The oven-baked bacon is ready to serve.
Click here to save this Oven-Baked Bacon recipe to your Recipe Box.