Sometimes you need a dessert in a flash, without a lot of fuss. What if you could make a rich and creamy chocolate mousse in minutes? This no-cook chocolate mousse recipe is thick, rich, and silky smooth. It rivals any mousse that needs to be cooked and cooled. This decadent dessert is great for a dinner party but easy enough to prepare when you want a special treat for the family. Everyone will be in disbelief to find out it literally takes a minute to prepare. Or, keep that secret to yourself… we won’t tell.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons cocoa (more cocoa for a richer dark chocolate flavor)
- 1/3 cup hot fudge topping, not heated (like Smucker’s)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings: Whipped cream, chocolate syrup, maraschino cherries, Pirouline wafers
1. Add the ingredients to a large bowl. Hot fudge topping should come straight from the jar; do not heat first.
2. With a hand mixer beat ingredients, on medium speed, for 30 seconds until well combined. Scrape down the sides with a spatula.
3. Beat on high for 15 to 20 seconds more or until stiff peaks form.
4. Lightly fold the mousse to check the consistency.
5. If the consistency is fine, it’s ready to serve. If a thicker consistency is preferred, beat the mousse on high for about 10 to 15 seconds more. Make sure to not over beat or the mousse will break down.
6. Spoon the chocolate mousse into dessert glasses.
7. Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, a maraschino cherry and/or a Pirouline wafer.