Chicken Soup w/ Sweet Potato, Crimini, Leek,& Kale
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 qt
- low sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium
- sweet potatoes
- 2 c
- crimini mushrooms, sliced (also called baby portobellos)
- 1/2 c
- leek, sliced thin (whites and greens)
- 4 c
- fresh kale, torn away from rib (leaves only)
Cook chx. breasts over med-low heat, until nicely browned. Set aside. They don't need to be cooked thoroughly all the way through ... they will finish cooking in the soup.
Add all veggies to the chicken broth.
Turn heat to medium, bring everything to a slow simmer, then cover and turn to low. Simmer on low for about 25 mins, or until the sweet potatoes are soft and the kale is tender.
No need to season further, if you've used a mixed seasoning blend, like Mrs. Dash. I did add a little pepper to mine, at the table, and it gave it a nice 'kick'.