Apple Pecan Grilled Chicken Dinner Salad
I have included my favorite raspberry vinaigrette recipe as well or feel free to use your favorite bottled raspberry, pomegranate, or strawberry vinaigrette. Recipe follows instructions.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts (if pinched for time, i keep a bag of prepared grilled chicken breasts strips in my freezer for quick dinner salads, etc.)
- red delicious apple
- granny smith apple
- cup dried cranberries or craisins
- cup blue cheese crumbles
- cup sugared pecans or honey roasted cashews or almonds
- thinly sliced red onion rings, optional
- salad croutons, optional
- bag of salad mix (i like spring mix)
2Place mixed salad greens in a large, decorative salad bowl. Add apples, (red onions if using) craisins, sugared nuts of your choice, (croutons, if using) and crumbled blue cheese.
3Warm grilled chicken breasts in microwave and slice into 1/2 inch strips. Fan on top of salad while hot and serve with vinaigrette below or your favorite bottled vinaigrette, raspberry, strawberry or pomegranate.
4Raspberry Vinaigrette Instructions:
1/2 c. canola oil
10 frozen or fresh raspberries
3 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar, or to taste
2 Tbsp. raspberry jam
1 Tbsp. sugar, or to taste
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. onion powder
Place all dressing ingredients in blender to emulsify. I use my immersion or stick blender for less cleanup. You can easily adjust the sweetness or tartness by adjusting the jam/vinegar ratio to customize it to your taste.
Recipe for vinaigrette adapted from food.com.