Country Fried Salmon Croquettes with Variations
- 1- 14.75 oz. can pink salmon (i use chicken of the sea)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tb fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. old bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tb. creamy horseradish (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 cup cooked rice (leftover or minute rice, cooled is fine)
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 envelope of your favorite country fried chicken breading, such as shake & bake (i add a little freshly cracked black pepper)
- breading station- first flour, then beaten egg, then country style shake and bake
2. beaten egg
3. Shake & Bake Country Fried Seasoning or similar
Dip each patty in that order. Place on platter until ready to fry.
*Knorr Hollandaise Sauce Mix prepared as directed with the addition of 1 tsp. dried dill
*Place salmon croquettes atop big, fluffy, country-style biscuits, top with Black Pepper Saw Mill Gravy and serve with coleslaw.
Can also be made into sandwiches. Divide into 4 portions instead of six and add your favorite cabbage slaw or lettuce and tartar sauce, etc. on crusty Kaiser rolls.