Mediterranean Quick Bread
I like this with my spinach salad.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- sun-dried tomato halves, not in oil
- 2 c
- bisquick baking mix, original
- 8 oz
- pkg. feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 3/4 c
- 3/4 c
- roasted red bell peppers, from jar, drained and snipped fine with scissors
- 1 Tbsp
- each chopped fresh oregano and basil leaves- or 1 teas. each dried leaves
- 1 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- chopped kalamata olives
1Heat oven to 425^. Grease a 9x9-baking pan. Cover dried tomatoes with boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain. Finely chop tomatoes.
2Mix Bisquick mix, tomatoes, 1/2 of the cheese and the milk in a medium bowl until a dough form. Mix remaining cheese, the bell peppers, oregano, basil , garlic and oil in a small bowl.
3Drop 1/2 of the dough by Tablespoonfuls closely together in irregular pattern in the pan.
Spoon 1/2 the cheese mixture over the dough. Drop remaining dough over cheese mixture.
To the remaining cheese add the olives and top the dough with this remaining cheese mixture.
Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. This makes a great pull-apart bread.