David's Louisiana Shrimp/Crawfish Etouffee
If you buy crawfish make sure you get them with fat included, makes a world of difference.
It doesn't matter if your etouffee comes out lighter than what I've posted, it's all good!
Experiment and enjoy eating your disasters. None are horrible. If you don't like a lot of spice go easy on the cayenne and only put one teaspoon in your Emeril's Creole seasoning mix and add more to your taste. Can always add but never take it away.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2-3 lb
- shrimp or crawfish (crawfish with fat included)
- 1 c
- David's Perfect Rice per serving
- 1 c
- blonde roux First you "have" a Roux
- 4 large
- yellow onions
- 4-5 stalk(s)
- celery stalks
- 1 large
- bell pepper
- 6*8 clove
- 1 bunch
- green onions
- 8-12 c
- seafood stock (if you can't find any, you can boil the shrimp shells) or use chicken stock
- bay leaves dried or fresh
- 2-3 Tbsp
- add to your tastes Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (make your own)
Cook another 10-15 minutes, now it's ready to serve.