Zucchini Soup with Herbed Cream
Daily Inspiration S
Recipe is from Swanson's.
- 1/2 c
- sour cream (light, if preferred)
- 4 tsp
- fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tsp
- fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 large
- onion, finely chopped
- garlic clove, minced
- 4 medium
- zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 c
- vegetable broth
How to Make Zucchini Soup with Herbed Cream
- 1Stir the sour cream, 1 tsp. basil, 1 tsp. oregano in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2Heat the oil in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender. Add the zucchini and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- 3Add the broth, remaining basil and oregano, and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low; cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 4Place one-third of the zucchini mixture into a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth (use a kitchen towel over the top to prevent leakage). Pour the mixture into a large bowl. Repeat the process twice more with the remaining zucchini mixture. Return all of the pureed mixture to the saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until hot. Place one tbsp. of the sour cream mixture on top of each bowl of soup.